DREAM JOB

Saturday, January 06, 2018





Finding a job as a beauty therapist was not currently on the list of things to worry about with the huge work load piling up around me leading up to my last semester of study, but it was definitley something I dreamed of having ♥

I was lucky enough to be working partime at a beauty salon and hair salon whilst studying which helped a lot with my confidence and customer service skills which are vital within the beauty industry. A huge barrier I had to overcome in first starting my career was personal space. The thought of learning to work in someones personal space was slightly daunting to begin with, and having this experience on a weekly basis definitley helped me overcome it. 

As my two years started to come to a close I began to really think about the kind of beauty therapist I wanted to be, and what kind of salon or spa I wanted to work in. It never really occured to me how diverse the beauty industry was if I didn't have a part time job at Visage Hair and Beauty and my practicum placemtent at the Caci Clinic Havelock North.  Different products ranges and treatments meant different levels of training. Studying for two years had given me an insight and just the basics to the industry itself and now it was up to me to decide where I want to take my career and what kind or therapist I want to be.

It was important to me that I applied for jobs where I could see myself working for a long period of time as the beauty industry is forever growing and finding a salon that is going to help me grow as a therapist and build a client base. Having work experience behind me also meant I could afford to be slightly fussy when it came to applying. I'm a believer of gut feelings, anyone knows within the first ten minutes if something 'feels right' and I know during my interview it was absolutely somewhere I wanted to work. A high level of work meant a high level of training and that gave me a confidence in my train of work, working somewhere I could be proud I was providing my clients with the best knowledge and experience possible ♥

Although I had just finished my two years of study and been accepted into a beauty therapist position at an amazing clinic. My anxiety had gone up scale and I was having to learn in ways i'd never learnt before and ways to tackle it head on ! The pressure of a new job and the training is intense and to add to the stress the wait for my results felt like forever !! The last two weeks of study were intense filled with 7 exams and 1 assignment, I certainly don't know how I managed to keep on top of it all, aswell as traveling backwards and forwards to training sessions for my new job !! I just wanted everything to be perfect and it wasn't easy to put all my energy into making a good impression when it felt like I was burning the candle at both ends. BUT I did it and it and the hard work is defintely paying off and I'm looking forward to all the training and knowledge I'm going to gain in 2018 ♥

Lots of love ... 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram