I Graduated !!

Monday, March 26, 2018


At the start of 2016 I started my journey to become a New Zealand registered Beauty Therapist. The course required two years of full time study including practical and theory study. Before starting the course I still wasn't 100% sure beauty therapy was something I could see myself doing for the rest of my life. There was only one way to find out. I applied for the course and had my fingers crossed I would enjoy it. 

After the first year there was definitely things I loved about the course and things I didn't like so much, but nothing I really hated. The theory of the course was tough and not at all what I had expected. We learnt huge amounts of Anatomy and Physiology of the human body. The practical side was tricky to start with but the more I did it the more I began to notice I was really enjoying it. Beauty therapy is absolutely not as glamourous as most people think. Dealing with feet, waxing the hairiest of people, and sweating up a storm while massaging.  The most satisfying thing I noticed was how the treatments I was providing people, made them feel. Making people feel beautiful and working with your clients and their insecurities is a wonderful feeling, and quickly became the driving force for further study. 

The second year was the year for electrolysis hair removal, and definitely challenging. Using needles to remove individual hairs with electrical currents was certainly daunting. Something out of my comfort zone, but nothing ever grows in your comfort zone. 



 These girls were amazing, we kept each other going for the two years through the ups and downs, it definitley wasn't easy but we did it together and now it's time to move on to the next chapter of our lives! I can't wait to see what amazing things you all accomplish in your years to come with your careers, no doubt you'll all do great.







I just want to say a huge thank you to my friends and family for their constant support, and a huge thank you for keeping me sane ! I don't think I could have done it without you ! 

Looking back on the beginning on 2016 I would never have thought I would achieve as much as I did in two years of study. Even now I take for granted what I've accomplished. Going into the beauty industry offers so many ways for us to all grow into amazing therapists and I cannot wait to see how much I've grown when I look back on my 2018 year.

Love Em xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram