Overthinking

Thursday, February 26, 2015





I think we can all say we are over think things at some point or another, SO don't let anyone rent a space in your head unless they are a good tenant. I've learnt that being at High School things spreed fast ! Sometimes that isn't necessarily a good thing. Sometimes i wonder if i have made the right choices, I'm told that i am a very bubbly person and to a certain extent i suppose i am although it is easy to get stuck in a rut and some days feel like you are loosing your spark. Whether i can't ace a Chemistry question or i can't find any inspiration for my latest photography piece. Some of the things that help me when I'm stuck in a slump. Jot it down: buy yourself a journal, to document your struggles or simply just your achievements. I know my journal acts as a blank canvas to spill my thoughts onto and clearing you slate. Without letting anyone else know. I feel this puts things into perspective and can be really addictive. This provides clarity and inspiration without judgement and boundaries. Let yourself feel: Being the person i am, i tend to find distractions from the unhappiness i feel sometimes. Some people would say this is a good thing, i suppose they are to a certain extent although this only works for a little while, before i realised i wasn't feeling any better, i was only Pretending i was happy. Hiding my emotions makes me feel like its not affecting me when in reality, it's constantly in the back of my head. Let yourself feel. If you are angry, sad worried, nervous or anxious so be it. Don't let it overwhelm you, try not let it last for too long  because facing your emotions is the first step to be able to overcome them.  It's not a competition: I am the queen of comparison. The problem with comparing yourself to other people and their abilities is, there will always be some that's better than you at something. You need to take off your competitive hat and focus on what you are good at. Take a walk: Exercising is a great way to clear your head. If its going for a run around the block, or it calls for a trip to the beach to listen to the waves and just be. I find exercise is my way of pushing myself to the limits without of the stress of someone being better or the fear of judgement. 
Hot Chocolate or Tea:  Things have been really hectic recently but there is nothing better than grabbing a Hot Chocolate or Tea, and sitting in bed at the end of the day and recapping on all the lovely things that happened that day. I make myself a goal to think of at least three things that happened during the day that made me laugh or smile. Because no matter how hectic things are there is always something !! 
Generally, people like to bring up your past, when your present and future appears to be better than theirs. Remember there will always be people you come across that try and dull your sparkle, but you shouldn't let them determine your mood. Focus on the positive people around you. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram